The AGU Centennial is an opportunity to reflect on our past and welcome all the possibilities that the next century will bring. Your shared stories capture where we’ve been and where we’re going. Visit the AGU Community on StoryCorps to hear personal stories from Earth and space scientists, including the following:
- Margaret Leinen and Marcia McNutt talk about their early careers being out to sea on research cruises and the challenges they faced being the only women on the ship.
- Bradley Moran talks about his career path.
- Robin Bell, Carol Finn, and Carol Raymonds reflect on their experiences in the field and how they have affected their personal and professional lives.
- Don Boesch shares his story in science policy with Eric Davidson, bringing together his experiences from marches on the Vietnam War to his recent march experiences in 2017 for science and climate.
- Juan Declet-Barreto tackles the social, ecological, and human health dimensions of climate change by reimagining the relationship between scientists and the communities they serve.
Voices of AGU Centennial: Video Interviews Conducted at the 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting
Voices of AGU Centennial: Sally Jewell
Voices of AGU Centennial: Nadia Pinardi
Voices of AGU Centennial: Miguel Goni
You can be a part of Centennial and share your personal stories with the AGU community through the StoryCorps App. Record your own interview, or sit down and interview a friend or colleague to record a story and post it to the AGU Community on the app.