Do you have a story about your time in the Earth and space sciences that you’d like to share as part of our Centennial celebration? Well, we want to hear it! Using the StoryCorps app, you can record an interview on your phone and share it with the world.
As part of AGU Narratives, the StoryCorps app gives us the opportunity to share our collective history through personal accounts.
Throughout the Centennial, AGU will be collecting personal narratives and sharing them across AGU channels. By creating this catalog of Earth and space science history, we will reflect on the past and where we want to go as we move into the next century.
Take part in AGU Narratives by sharing your story through the StoryCorps app (Community Code AGU100)
STEP ONE: Download the StoryCorps app on the Google Play Store or App Store. Use Community Code AGU 100. If you are creating an account from a desktop computer, head to archive.storycorps.org and select log in. Follow the prompts to create an account.
- Create your profile and user name
- Search for AGU Narratives Community and join
STEP TWO: Download the app for an iPhone or Android and log in to your account
- Record interview and tag AGU Narratives Community after recording
- Publish the story
- Listen to your live story
- Remember to tag your story with the keyword #AGU100
- Find a small, quiet room to record
- Speak directly into the microphone
- Speak clearly and with volume
We look forward to hearing all about your experiences!